Higher Professional School For Education of Teachers, Novi Sad
Faculty for Special Education and Rehabilitation, Belgrade
Society of Special Education Teachers of Vojvodina
Association of Pre-school Teachers of Vojvodina
National Talents Center
The Second International professional and scientific Conference “Giftedness, education and development”
31 July – 2 August 2018
Venue: Hotel Metropol Palace, Belgrade, Serbia
The aim of the conference:
Reviewing theoretical and practical knowledge about the giftedness, talent, excellence of children, youth and adults; sharing and exchange of experiences, knowledge and skills related to work with gifted individuals; analysis of attitude towards gifted; consideration of the process of education of gifted, methods and approaches in educational work with gifted; possibilities of improving the attitude of the society towards the gifted; necessity to develop capacity to work with gifted people; raising the level of awareness among all stakeholders in various sectors about the needs for additional attention and special work with gifted individuals.
The conference is intended for pre-school and school teachers, psychologists, educators, special education teachers, medical doctors, employees in public services and administration, media workers, students and others who engage in their work with gifted, talented and exceptional children, youth and adults, both from Serbia and from abroad.
Conference Languages: Serbian, Croatian, Bosnian and English.
– Giftedness – definition and terminology
– Educational work with gifted;
– Current and alternative approaches in the work with the gifted;
– Detection and identification of gifted children, youth and adults;
– Family and the gifted;
– Additional support to the gifted;
– Ethical issues regarding the gifted;
– Stimulating programs for the gifted;
– Strengthening professionals to work with gifted;
– The attitude of the society towards the gifted;
– and other relevant topics.